The Cairns Aquarium is a place of learning, fun and discovery! Encourage students’ innate curiosity for the amazing creatures of the Great Barrier Reef and the North Queensland Wet Tropics with our hands-on approach to teaching and learning. Our AquaNuts are reef and rainforest experts, constantly developing ways to engage and connect students with the living environment – to inspire them to value, conserve and make a difference for the future.
Programs are available Monday – Friday during Queensland school terms and are scheduled every half hour from 9:00am.
Students will follow the journey of a raindrop as it descends from the mountain ranges, joins creeks, streams and flooded billabongs, travels through the Rainforest, past the Mangroves, through the Great Barrier Reef and finally into the depths of the Coral Sea. Our education programs are designed for all ages and are aligned to learning outcomes of the National Australian Curriculum’s ‘Biological Science’ and ‘Science as a Human Endeavour’ strand.
- Kindy and Early Learning $15 per student
- Prep to Secondary $20 per student
- Adult Learning 18+, International Students and Additional Adults $28 per person
Each program includes
- Guided 2 hour tour with our entertaining and engaging AquaNut educators
- A hands-on interactive session at the Terrestrial and Marine touch tank
- Teachers handbook and student worksheet sent via email
- Focus on all 9 Habitats
- River Systems
- Creeks and Streams
- Flooded Waterways and Billabongs
- Tropical Rainforest
- Forest Floor
- Life in the Mangroves
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Dangers of the Reef
- The Coral Sea
Downloads and Resources
All enquiries to Cairns Aquarium at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (412 kb)
- (263 kb)
- (1095 kb)