Thursday 19th March 2020
In this rapidly changing situation, we are taking steps and making adjustments to minimise the chance of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Cairns Aquarium temporary opening hours of 10am-3pm:
As of Friday the 20th of March, we are temporarily reducing our opening hours to 10am to 3pm (with last admissions at 2pm) until further notice.
Aquarium by Night is still operating every evening from 6:20pm.
Dundee's Restaurant temporary opening hours:
10am - 5pm: Cafe & breakfast
11am - 3:30pm: Lunch
5pm - late: Dinner
Indoor gatherings response:
As per Australian Government requirements, we are monitoring entry numbers to ensure no more than 100 guests are in the building at any one time.
Double Discovery Tours and Sea Explorer Experiences are currently not operating until further notice.
In the interest of social distancing and avoiding non-essential gatherings, daily presentations are not operating until further notice.
Thank you for your support and co-operation during this time.
Monday 16th March 2020
To the Cairns Aquarium community,
Like you, we are closely monitoring the latest news about COVID-19 and have been following guidance from Queensland Health and the World Health Organisation (WHO) to ensure we have the right plans and resources in place to safeguard your health and well-being. Here are some steps we are taking:
- Our daily cleaning procedures are already thorough at Cairns Aquarium, however, we are taking extra time to clean and disinfect so that our facility remains a safe and welcome space for visitors and staff. Our team is wiping down and disinfecting surfaces, handles, desks etc on an hourly basis with extra vigilance
- We are encouraging thorough hand-washing, have numerous handwashing facilities around the Aquarium and are placing hand sanitiser stations throughout our facility
- We are making regular announcements reminding guests of handwashing facilities, sanitising stations and to practice self-hygiene
- We have asked our team to practice extra caution when evaluating their own personal health and to go home if they are feeling unwell
- Additional signage with hygiene advice and other essential information is on display throughout the Aquarium
At this stage, there is no disruption to our normal operating hours and tours. We are open daily from 9am to 5pm, with last admissions at 4pm and night tours available each evening.
In the interest of our customers and staff, if you feel unwell, think you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or have recently returned from an overseas trip, please avoid visiting the Cairns Aquarium for 14 days.
Thank you for your co-operation during this time and for respecting our responsibility to ensure a safe environment for our visitors and staff.
The Cairns Aquarium Team.