What’s Happening at Cairns Aquarium
To really understand the incredible adaptations and behaviours of our amazing animals and the world they live in, attend one of the scheduled daily educational talks provided by our incredibly knowledgeable Wildlife Educators:
- Marine Encounter Touch and Talk – 10:00am – 3:00pm Marine Touch Pools (Level 1)
- Coral Sea Life of Sharks and Rays – 11:00am Oceanarium (Ground Floor)
- Curious & Coloured – 12:00pm Coral Sea Amphitheatre (Ground Floor)
- Flooded Billabong River Monsters – 1:00pm River Monsters Amphitheatre (Ground Floor)
- Ribbon Reef Denizens of the Deep – 2:00pm Deep Reef Amphitheatre (Level 1)
Marine Touch Pool
Seeing is believing, and close encounters create a lasting impression. That’s why we have an amazing Touch Tank in the Cairns Aquarium where, under our Educators supervision, you can encounter unique creatures from the Great Barrier Reef.
Sea stars, sea cucumbers, carpet sharks and a host of intertidal species are keen to make your acquaintance. You may even find a shark egg or two! When you connect with wildlife, we hope you’ll want to protect them just as much as we do!