Cairns best evening experience! Exclusive, guided after-hours tour, with the option to include a perfectly matched 3 course dining experience in a stunning sea life backdrop.
General Admission & Turtle Hospital Tour
Open from 10am-3pm • Last admission at 2pm • Turtle Hospital Tours @11:15am or 12:15pm Daily
- Adult Ages 15+
- Child Ages 3 to 14
- Concession Presentation of a recognized Seniors, Student, Pension or Carer Card required upon entry.
- Family 2 Adults + 2 Children
Join us for a tour to Turtle Hospital!
Meet our rescued turtles, and learn all about the threats and dangers Australia’s six species of sea turtles face in a guided Turtle Hospital Tour.
The Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Centre, located at Cairns Aquarium, is a Not-for-Profit, volunteer run, charitable entity, caring for rescued sea turtles.
Guests are taken on an exclusive tour of the onsite Turtle Hospital to meet the sea turtles in our care. This educational experience lasts approximately 30 minutes
- All children must be accompanied by, and supervised by an adult at all times
- NO Flash Photography and no touching the sea turtles, as this may harm their recovery
- General Admission is included in your ticket. See 16,000 aquatic animals and habitats endemic to Tropical North Queensland. Learn about the Wet Tropics Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef. Open daily 10am–3pm. Last admission at 2pm
Please read below before you book tour
- Be mindful of your noise, do not make loud noises.
- Do not touch the animals or the contents of their enclosure.
- Do not hang over the side of the enclosure, disturb the water or bang on the outside of the enclosure.
- Photography is permitted unless otherwise stated, please turn your flash off.
- Children are the responsibility of their parents/guardians or carer and must be supervised at all times. Children cannot attend this tour without a guardian present.
- A reminder that this is an educational tour, with an educational presentation that may run for 15 – 20 minutes, please follow the directions of the tour guide whilst on the tour.
- Please tread carefully in this area, do not run in this area. There may be water present on floor from sea turtles.
- Do not remove or take any artefacts or items belonging to the Cairns Turtle
Rehabilitation Hospital or Cairns Aquarium from this area.
- If you are bringing an infant on the tour, please be advised that we can’t have loud noises near sick or injured sea turtles in the hospital, so you may be asked to leave the hospital area in the event of loud noise.
- Lifts, escalators and accessible toilets throughout the attraction.
- If you are unable to walk onto the viewing deck, you can still see the turtles in the tank through a viewing window.
- Free Wheelchair hire is available.
- Companion Cards are not accepted for this experience.