Cairns best evening experience! Exclusive, guided after-hours tour, with the option to include a perfectly matched 3 course dining experience in a stunning sea life backdrop.
Turtle Rehabilitation Centre Tours
- Turtle Hospital Tour Add to General Admission Ticket
- Adult Ages 15+
- Child Ages 3 to 14
Learn How we Protect Australian Sea Turtles
The Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Centre, located at Cairns Aquarium, is a Not-for-Profit, volunteer run, charitable entity, caring for rescued sea turtles.
Guided Turtle Hospital Tours are available to book daily, at 11:30am and 12:30pm.
Guests are taken on an exclusive tour of the onsite Turtle Hospital to meet the sea turtles in our care. This educational experience lasts approximately 30 minutes and 100% of proceeds from the Turtle Hospital tour are utilised for food, medicine, veterinary care and operating costs.
- Get up close and personal to the sea turtles in our care
- See an audio visual presentation that will teach you about the dangers that Australia’s six species of sea turtles face
- Learn about how we rescue, treat, release and track these precious animals
What you need to know:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your Turtle Hospital Tour start time.
- All children must be accompanied by, and supervised by an adult at all times
- NO Flash Photography and no touching the sea turtles, as this may harm their recovery
- General Admission is included in your ticket. See 16,000 aquatic animals and habitats endemic to Tropical North Queensland. Learn about the Wet Tropics Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef. Open daily 10am–3pm. Last admission at 2pm
- Lifts, escalators and accessible toilets throughout the attraction.
- If you are unable to walk onto the viewing deck, you can still see the turtles in the tank through a viewing window.
- Free Wheelchair hire is available.
- Companion Cards are not accepted for this experience.